Every business owner dreams of the day when his/her content goes viral – or at least gets shared by customers. We know you spend a lot of time and resources to create web content, and you want your audience to see and share it. Content that your audience will want to share has a few specific characteristics and qualities that gains those results, and we have gathered them along with some tips to get people to share your content.
Tips for Writing Shareable Web Content
There are four easy things you can do with every post to increase its chances of being shared or going viral.
- Use previous customer interactions and feedback to help guide your content.
- Don’t over sell. Remember, being social will aid in your social media efforts, and keeping an engaging tone will make it personal.
- Share your business content on your personal profiles. This goes a long way to say that you believe in your brand and think the content is worthy of sharing.
- Be relatable. By carefully tying your content into what is trending online, and appropriately referencing pop culture, you communicate to your audience that your brand is relevant.
Elements of Shareable Content
Part of creating shareable content online is knowing what will interest your audience. You should know what kind of content they read and share online, as well as how they engage with it. Once you understand your audience, you can create something they will relate to and ultimately share.
All your content and social media posts should add value to your audience. What does it mean to add value? Create content that gives your audience a solution to a problem, or an answer to a question. If you aren’t giving your readers useful and applicable information, they won’t be as motivated to share it and it will simply get lost on the web. Key characteristics of content that adds value, include: useful, entertaining, inspirational, and surprising. If your content contains one or more of these characteristics. it’s likely to resonate with your audience in a way that will motivate them to share it.
Because your goal is engagement with the audience with a result of sharing, your content should have an emotional appeal. Studies show that when content stimulates creativity, or encourages feelings of positivity or joy, it has a higher share and engagement rate.
Include high quality graphics, creative videos and even interesting lists in your content to increase your audience’s interest. When they are entertained, or feel informed, they are more likely to share the content with their friends and family.
Finally, make sharing as easy as possible for your viewers. Attach sharing buttons on every page of content to encourage reposting on social media. Colorful sharing buttons not only catch the eye of your readers, but also make it very easy and straightforward for them to share your content. The simpler it is for them, two clicks or less, the better.
Characteristics of Shareable Content
Shareable content is usable and credible. This means that it must add value to your customers. It must be thoroughly researched and statistics must be cited. With these qualities, you make it easy for your readers to share your content with their friends and family without concern.
Visual content motivates viewers to interact and share. By including quality images and graphics in some of your posts, you will encourage your audience to share the content. Aesthetically pleasing images on Facebook and Instagram are more likely to be shared than a dull or blurry photo.
Categories of Share-Worthy Content
If you’re not sure how to start a blog or what content will do well on social media, don’t panic. We have put together a short list of suggested posts that will resonate with nearly any type of online consumer.
- Giveaways: Giveaways allow you to create partnerships with other businesses, and network with bloggers and other brands. These partnerships are beneficial because in addition to boosting content sharing, they add variety to your posts and put them in front of new and wider audiences.
- Interviews: Conducting an interview with a social media influencer or an expert in your industry creates interest and fresh content. When the interviewee shares and endorses your content, it is viewed by their whole network and audience, as well as yours.
- Sneak Peeks: Similar to giveaways, sneak peeks generate audience engagement by encouraging viewers to take a quiz, or comment in response to a question. They are rewarded by getting access to products or information before the general public. This creates an element of exclusivity, making your audience feel like they are part of an intimate community. When they feel that sense of belonging and loyalty, they are more likely to share or endorse your brand.
Overall, share-worthy content is high quality and stands out from the online noise surrounding it. Focus on creating stunning content that grabs your audience’s attention, so they can’t look away and they won’t forget. This is indeed an area where quality can be much better than quantity. Hiring a social media expert, such as 3D Digital, can help with creating content that fits these criteria, as well as sharing it across multiple platforms. Implement these content creation tips, and you can begin to leverage social media sharing to grow your business.
3D Digital is a full-service, digital marketing agency located in Jacksonville, FL. We offer website design and development, video production, social media management and an array of digital marketing solutions, such as display banners and AdWords. To learn more about our services, please visit 3ddigital.com.