Targeted Display Advertising, also known as banner advertising, has the ability to attract a given target audience with the sole purpose of tactics such as generating sales and brand awareness. Essentially, they are small examples of what you or your business offers, with the ability to click the banner ad to learn more.
In the past, a single image or “static” image with pictures and text would perfectly convey the message. For example, if you are selling flowers, a simple image of a flower arrangement with a message could work in attracting customers. Although this method still works and has great success, what if you wanted to take your banner advertisements to the next level? In comes HTML5 animated banners!
HTML5 is the code or language used to animate pieces of a banners or the entire banner itself. This can include the fading of an image or words flying across the banner ad. It can also be referred to as a “responsive design.”
The benefits of an HTML5 banner ad are tremendous. The biggest aspect is that no matter what device or browser you are on, the banner will display and animate the same. Other benefits include:
- Chance to be Creative. You no longer have to squeeze all that information into a single image. With HTML5 banners, you can create separate slides or screens that have additional information on each, as well as have text appear and disappear during the animation.
- More Memorable. Let’s face it; we love shiny and flashy things. Why not take that approach with your Targeted Display Advertising? By creating a more memorable ad, viewers are more prone to remember your ad versus one that is just a plain image.
- Size Matters. Today, more people are using their mobile devices as their primary source for all things Internet-related. A small static banner created for mobile devices can often look blurry and unreadable. With the use of HTML5, and the ability to have multiple slides, more information can be added and font sizes can be increased so they are more legible.
- Reach Audiences in Different Ways. Some users engage better with text, others with video, and in some cases, simple interactions. Using the HTML5 banner format, you can provide all of those in one single ad.
- Gone in a Flash. In the past, developers used Adobe Flash to create animated banners. With a majority of iOS (Apple) devices and other platforms no longer supporting Flash, HTML5 is now the way to go!
Still on the fence about whether an HTML5 animated banner would be beneficial to your marketing strategy? Speak with one of our display banner advertising experts at 3D Digital today; after analyzing your goals and objectives, we can create the perfect package for your online advertising needs.